Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Citric Starburst Update


More borders have been added then removed and reattached. I found that it was becoming quite fluted around the edges and wasn't happy with how it was sitting. After squaring it up again and trimming it I had to add the extra green border so that my wonky log cabin blocks fitted around the edge. A big learning curve for me as I have never done anything like this before. It is now 83cm square.

9 comments:

CharlotteP said...

It's looking good, Mareer - you got out of the 'no more navy' well! What next? Red stars? Orange stars? Keep going - look forward to the next instalment!

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

That's perfect! it shouldn't be one you've made before! It's Gorgeous!!! that green and navy... divine!

The Scrappy Bee said...

This is coming along wonderfully. You could stop now or keep going. Yes it always interesting to find out what the true measurements of a quilt is as opposed to what math caclucations we had made. I have had several "waffle" quilts in my past.

Christa said...

I love this pattern as it's evolved!

beth said...

I love the outside border.

9patchnurse said...

LOVE it! The colors are so pretty.

Nifty Quilts said...

Wonderful quilt! That red inner border is a brilliant addition, as are the log cabin blocks for border. I think they call this process "building" a quilt.

Magpie Sue said...

It looks great! I love the scrappy block border. It was worth all the extra effort!

Carol E. said...

Very nice quilt.. it all ties together perfectly. I love the wonky log cabins.