Last night I put that square on point and decided I didn't like it there. I pulled in the block above on the far right and put it in place of the on point block and I like it much better. The group on the left is all sewn together and I am beginning on the grouping on the right. I think I like the lighter blocks on top and that this quilt needs more lights somewhere in there. I also liked the border bits that were added in the first quadrant and may go back to adding more borders and spaces. It definitely needs more spaces. It's getting a little busy.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Quadrants two and three
I have the taken a different approach with this section than I did with the first. I have been making fabric and sewing them all together. Sorry I haven't taken many pictures like I did with the first. I know it's kind of fun to see the process as you go along and "hear" what the quilter is doing. The top section is all sewn together as is the lower right section. What I am trying to decide is the lower left grouping. I sewed four of those tiny 9 patches together and am planning on setting them on point. I still like the green and gold sawtooth border, but haven't attached it yet and there are other parts that I want to add in just hanging around waiting for the perfect spot.