I played today, but with direction..it's a challenge for my local guild. I had to use the fabric with white background and sewing motifs on it, and I had to use the large blue button and small heart-shaped button. The challenge quilts will be displayed at our show in the month of February. I usually make one every year, and I never win.. which I really don't expect, but it gets a little tiring to keep making them "for nothing." I wasn't going to make one this year, even though I bought the fabric kit. Finally today I decided to make something I want, and which I know won't win anything, again, but at least I'll end up with something I want to use.
It's a Kindle cover. I wanted to use this extra house block that has been kind of lonely.. so I added a couple of appliqued motifs from the white fabric and the two buttons (one for fun, one for the closer thingy). I also added the little eyes looking out of the window.
front, with button closure fastened (the elastic is a hair binder)
front and back, opened up