Here's where I left off in my last blog post. Since then I have finished the top, but I am jumping ahead. Follow me through my steps and some of my thought processes. Even though I like things with only two borders it just didn't feel right for this quilt. It needed something else. I cut the floating sections out of the remaining fabric first just to make sure that I would have enough. Then I decided to do another sawtooth border, but just smaller. So I added that on.
I really liked that way that looked and made the decision not to add anything else to the bottom. Now, all I needed were the corner pieces and to sew what I had onto the top.
I like that, now if I have enough of the burgundy left, I will add a small border and . . .