For years I have admired a wall hanging my sister-in-law, Sarah, made with wonderful tucks of flowing colors (High Tech Tucks, Fons & Porter, Oct.Nov. 2006). When I got my "challenging fabric", it occurred to me that that approach might work for this fabric which is so different from anything I would ever choose. Little did I realize how much this approach would gobble up all
the challenge fabric; the finished size of the red/print part of the project is only 11" x 8.5" and all the challenge fabric is in the eight tucks.
While I do not think this project is in the spirit of 15 minutes Play, it was play for me because it was a new experience and the outcome wasn't certain till the end. I spent a lot of time playing with the tucks till I found an arrangement that worked. The project in the magazine was larger, and with smaller and fewer tucks, the original method of folding the tucks did not work.
I am surprised how much I like the finished project. Thank you Victoria for another growthful experience!
Absolutely qualifies as play! What a great idea.
Trying a new idea, technique or tool is #1in how to play!
Good fun, Willa, I like the way the challenge fabric is peeking out.
This is very cool! You will have to show me how you did this. I have only recently seen some tucked and folded quilt tops, and I really like your pattern.
What a neat idea!
very clever idea this........great textured effect
Post a Comment