Friday, July 19, 2013
This is my almost completed top at the point where I decided to make a big change. For me the dark part of the loop was not dramatic
enough (even though proportionally it was in keeping with the inspiration photo); and I didn't like the way the edges of the dark loop were stitched and, why, oh why, was I too lazy to change the thread color when I was piecing it!
So I covered it with sheets of tracing paper taped together and sketched out a wider loop ...
... and then pinned fabric to my sketch to see
if it was more the way I wanted it to look.
Here is the finished top and if I can drum up more patience (this was more labor intense then I anticipated), I will take out that loop again and make it using made fabric ... so that it would look more like the pinning job above ... and also fix a slightly flat edge in the loop which doesn't please me. I didn't see these subtleties while I was in the process. For now I will leave it on my wall and think about how to proceed. At least the deadline has been extended!