Today, after I made my 12" traditional block of the day, I decided to play with the fabrics I am finding in the bin that I want to have in my intuition quilt. I created this sash much too long because I was having much to much fun. I keep trying to find good ways to make these without so much waste, and I think I have found it. I used the method demonstrated by Nancy Mahoney in a recent issue of McCall's Quilting. (Not trying to plug the mag, just giving credit where it is due.) With the sash up next to the block, I am not disliking the dark purple so much. Good thing since I have quite a bit of it. I didn't get much else done in the studio today because the outside world called me to run errands and such. Hopefully, I will have more time tomorrow.