I kept trying to put the peace signs into the mix but never liked how they looked. I really wanted to keep the focus on those skunks and the peace signs kept trying to grab all the attention.
I had this configuration on my design wall most recently. I liked the way it was looking but obviously there were gaps that needed to be filled in. Then I took the parts down to photograph some other blocks (I won a collection of house blocks from Beth's give away!).
Who knows whether they will go back up on the wall the same way or not. Since I'm running out of some of the prints I began with I will be forced into adding other fabrics to the mix.
Now that I think about it, I wonder how one or two of those house blocks would look with these parts? And I seem to think I have a birdhouse block around here somewhere... that would refer back to the print I started this project with. Hmmm...!
When I first started reading, I thought that the peace sign fabric needs to be in there, but it needs to be further away and maybe chunked up some. In your last picture, I see that you have done that. I like how it is going. The more fabrics the merrier, I say!!
I like the way you made the peace signs work. You have a good color base going to add more fabric to. This is going to be very wonderful.
I have to say a few more angles really help jazz it up.. I love the whites with darks and your placement of the oranges and PINK give it lots of nice divisons. that ONE slantly light blue makes it all run together so nicely. this is a very fun piece...
Love how this is growing ...
Post a Comment