I had some free time this past weekend to do a little bit of work on my quilt. (If you want to see past pictures/posts, you can see them here.)
I managed to get the sashing around the blocks finished and everything sewn together, but only after I sewed it all together and took it all back apart THREE times! Nothing was lining up, at all, and it was bugging me. If it had been 'off' a little bit, I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but that was not the case.
I still needed to make it bigger so I made a black, red and white border to go around it that you can see in the pic below.
I am currently auditioning fabric to make a wide border to go all around, but my choices are limited, and my goal has been to use only what I have on hand and not purchase any new fabric for this project. We need the finished quilt to be big enough for our bunk in our camper. (It is currently 48" x 70") My man says this quilt will scare off the gators and raccoons, it is so bright! ha ha