Hey there! Linda, here...
I am attaching four pictures of 12 x 12’s. The one with the daffodils is the one for my swap
partner. I made it of scraps of batiks and water colors using a wonky log cabin, but it didn’t “pop”.
I added the cathedral window strip on the side, slashed and added the daffodil print. If you look
closely at the whole 12 x 12, I had started quilting with a stipple stitch, but I not sure how I will
quilt the finished 12 x 12. The other two are the first ones that I did.
You can tell I do a lot of sewing for children. “Dora” is all flannels and quilted with a
single line in a spiral square. “Pooh” is cotton prints quilted using a double needle with
red and white thread. I used a slight zigzag stitch and maneuvered the fabric as I sewed.
This is my first swap and I have enjoyed it. I have done this type of quilting before, but
not the “slash and stitch” method. I was very reluctant to “slash”, but I’m glad I did.