So for 15 minutes or so yesterday I dug through my orphan block bin and pulled out blocks that I thought might work as a next round on my family of origin quilt. I found these blocks above, and though the color would be great. Some reds and blues and darker blues to help set off the thread work. I love how it sets off the blocks but I found the creamy old setting fabrics to drab... (first post is here on this)
Next I found these cute little 9 patches... except I only had 13.... I want to try to use up some of these orphans... gotta stick to my goal.
I could fill in around, but design wise, it wasn't leaving me with anything very exciting... It seems to obvious to me, and I like to try to push it a bit further than that.
Then I pulled these fabulous blocks out of the bin, and as I was putting them up, Boo walked in from school and she was, "OH MOM! You found them! That looks awesome!"
So there ya go! Sometimes it's not just your intuition you hear, but the LARGER VOICES in the room! ;-)
I plan on adding Adding some made fabric for a final border, to reflect the inner little made fabric squares, all around to finish it off a bit bigger so we can ALL snuggle under it on the couch. It may have taken a long time to get these 4 embroidered blocks together, but it couldn't have happened at a better time. Boo says it's hers...
And that, coming from a kid who won't sleep under my quilts... (she loves those soft thin cotton ones from anthropologie (Such a NYC kid) ) .... means a lot!
Stay tuned for more on this one... I'm on a roll!