So I last posted (thanks Lynn) that my husband picked an iPad sleeve for me to make in the challenge. I really am not a wall hanging kind of person, so I went with something practical. Quilters are supposed to be practical. At least that’s what people who are not quilters think. They haven’t seen my stash (in three different rooms), my 3 sewing machine, magazines, tools, etc, etc, etc. LOL. I used Candy Glendening’s pattern in the Holiday 2011-2012 issue of Quilting Arts Gift magazine and used only what I had on hand. The lining is a lemon yellow batik, the backgrounds for each side is pieced together in a different colorways, with one side is pieced in warm with red, orange and yellow. The other side is cools of blues and greens.
I fused a cut out from the flowers on each side and tried a bit of thread painting with some good effects, some poor, I will try it again on another project. I used fusible batting and then quilted using sulky holo-shimmer in copper and teal green. Husband likes it and it works great.
If that wasn’t enough, I made a six inch block for my add-a-border group on Flickr.com. You can follow the additions made by this group by using the tag +ABresolve. I enjoy the fun and hope to do it again.