I found a use for a thrifted fabrics from a wall hanging kit (they were perfect for this!), as well as a couple of men's plaid shirts and other scraps. I took a cue from Tess's wavy tendrils and natural curves in deciding that the drunkard's path block would be fun to incorporate. It's a block I've been wanting to try.
I string pieced fabric strips on phone book paper for one part of the drunkard's path blocks. The red-orange tartan in the tea towel really spoke to me, so I wanted to pull that warm color out in the surrounding blocks.My preliminary sketch has me doing another round of DP blocks, but I think I'll let it "breathe" before deciding what's next. I have some nice purples I'd like to use, but I've got to think on it a bit. I do like how it's looking so far!