Saturday, February 4, 2012

triangles galore... finally

I finally put together a triangle star following Victoria's tutorial.  I have to admit I had problems and despite my best efforts, the center section puffed up.  I took it apart and measured it again and again.  Somehow, the central green triangles I used were too big for the top triangles, so I trimmed them down and tried again.  That worked. I got it together.   It is still a wee bit puffy in the middle, but passable for liberated me.  Here it is.  



I have another set of triangles cut out for another star... I love the look of this block.  Hopefully this next effort will go together with NO problems.



Thanks to Victoria for a fun block design.





6 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Ooh, these are pretty!

Tracee said...

Looks fantastic. I checked out the tutorial and it is sooo easy to follow.(who would of thought that when it looks so complicated) Thanks for sharing.

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

I'm going to try drawing up the paper piecing template for this... stay tuned... If you hav ea straight line going across your two sections I don't understand why it's buckling in the middle... I'll keep working on it.. ;-)

Kathy said...

The original puffyness was due to the center triangles being too big for the top triangles. The final slight puffyness is probably due to stretching as a result of sewing and unsewing biased edges several times :-)

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

You need to pin your units, The pattern is correct. Thanks Kathy.

Cyndi said...

Way to go, Kathy! And Victoria, I'd LOVE a paper-pieced pattern - the pieces would then be exact, and not subject to my pathetic attempts at making templates and cutting fabric from them. : )