Saturday, February 4, 2012

triangles galore... finally

I finally put together a triangle star following Victoria's tutorial.  I have to admit I had problems and despite my best efforts, the center section puffed up.  I took it apart and measured it again and again.  Somehow, the central green triangles I used were too big for the top triangles, so I trimmed them down and tried again.  That worked. I got it together.   It is still a wee bit puffy in the middle, but passable for liberated me.  Here it is.  



I have another set of triangles cut out for another star... I love the look of this block.  Hopefully this next effort will go together with NO problems.



Thanks to Victoria for a fun block design.





6 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Ooh, these are pretty!

Farm Gate Creations said...

Looks fantastic. I checked out the tutorial and it is sooo easy to follow.(who would of thought that when it looks so complicated) Thanks for sharing.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I'm going to try drawing up the paper piecing template for this... stay tuned... If you hav ea straight line going across your two sections I don't understand why it's buckling in the middle... I'll keep working on it.. ;-)

Kathy said...

The original puffyness was due to the center triangles being too big for the top triangles. The final slight puffyness is probably due to stretching as a result of sewing and unsewing biased edges several times :-)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

You need to pin your units, The pattern is correct. Thanks Kathy.

Cyndi said...

Way to go, Kathy! And Victoria, I'd LOVE a paper-pieced pattern - the pieces would then be exact, and not subject to my pathetic attempts at making templates and cutting fabric from them. : )