Lots of slicing and dicing reduced my not-so-teeny solid scraps to a playful jumble. Each bar is 2"x8". To make the bars I sewed scraps together until I had a decent sized clump a few inches across, then trimmed to about 2.25-2.5" wide. Those trimmed bits were combined and built on to make longer pieces, and when they got close to 8" long I pressed (vigorously, with lots of steam!), trimmed to 2" wide, and finished off the ends.
I confess that I did not keep the teeny crumbs produced by this process, although some were big enough to sew to something else with a teeny seam. I have lots more scraps to play with, and have decided that anything under a square inch is my "too small to keep" line.
Was going to stop there for the day, but playing with fabric is more fun than facing the paper piles on my desk, so I added light yellow spacer bars and a first border:
The pink cornerstones will finish at 3/4". Another border will bring it up to 12.5" (with seam allowance). More pics to come.