I had lots of trouble resolving this little quilt and in the end just wanted to get it finished. I liked the layout of the original block in these first two pics but did not like the leaves. Originally each leaf was a different fabric and fused on because I was unhappy with my applique skills. Not liking the leaves, I tried making them all the same.
Then I tried my second preferred layout both with
the different fused leaves and with all the same leaves. I opted for the different leaves but not being happy with the fused look, tried machine applique around each one. I didn't like that either.
After some thought I removed all the leaves and settled on four fabrics for the leaves and hand appliqued them. Here's the final quilt with a self-facing. Ah-hhh!
HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!