I've used my 15 minutes up making these little abstract birdies for my "STARBIRD"
I've nearly run out of scraps, and I have 2 more to make... rats.
It's fun to try to use every last bit... I hope I can scrounge enough for two more...
The thing that is cool about that, is you will get a quilt you never would have planned to make...
It's a great discipline too, if you can't go out and buy more fabric to match!
Wish I would always stick to that rule!
(I did run down the block to see if they still had the polka dot, but they didn't...)
But I am seeing that, if I start putting parts of this together and trimming, I should have enough to finish my teeny birdies... But then to find something else to put around them to fill the corners...
It definitely makes you push your creative limits.
You have to try to think of new ways to make it work...
Now I am off to play with Terri, from Terri's notebook! She's in town and we have some fabric shops to explore.... ;-)
I rcvd this from Dorothy about Chris's FABRIC WOE'S.
I thought it was worthy information indeed! read on...
The acids in the box may not have helped, but this problem is common with black fabric (and thread) which has not been washed, but left to sit around for 5 or more years. To get a black dye, manufacturers must use large amounts of very concentrated colour and this weakens the cotton. Once washed, the problem diminishes. Obviously you can't wash a reel of thread, but once it is sewn and then washed it's not so bad.
Dorothy in Oz
Dorothy in Oz